Full course description
The age of digital transformation is here. Equip yourself with the skills required for effective cloud architecture and cyber-security and accelerate your digital presence.
The rise in online and remote working means cloud architecture is more important than ever. Effective cloud architecture ensures the integration of technologies and the sharing of resources across a network. It allows for ease of work and accessibility, and promotes team collaboration. While it is becoming an integral part of business operations cloud computing brings new threats to organisational privacy, so knowing how to keep the cloud secure is imperative.
Effective cloud architecture is a shared responsibility between cloud provider and organisation. Cloud architects are required to evaluate potential gaps in security and understand cloud platform capabilities to ensure the successful protection of information.
Learn how to plan, evaluate and implement key concepts and services offered by major cloud hosting providers. You will construct virtual machines, databases and object storage repositories. You will also understand the importance of cyber security and investigate the technical and non-technical foundations of security principles.
In this credential you will:
- formulate and implement cloud hosting infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and Google Cloud
- assemble and implement virtual machines, virtual networks with logging and monitoring in a secure manner
- plan and incorporate relational, document and key-value databases and file and disk storage
- construct and configure load balancers, auto-scaling and containers
- investigate the technical and non-technical foundations of cyber-security principles
- develop and challenge, attack and defence exercises, with cyber-security introspection.
The content of the course is driven by industry demand, meaning you will acquire skills that are highly sought after in the workplace. You will ultimately be equipped to take greater managerial and operational control of your organisation's cloud strategy and develop an appreciation of appropriate cyber security risks in the modern workplace.
No prior experience is required, although it would be beneficial to have:
- experience in programming and data intelligence or;
- prior undergraduate or equivalent credit gained for recognised learning.
What you will gain from this credential
Successful completion of this credential earns a digital badge that is instantly shareable to your social networks (including Linkedin) which showcases your skill mastery in cloud architecture and cyber-security.
This credential provides intermediate knowledge and skills in a discipline, and usually requires some prior learning or experience.
You will also earn 25 credit points, which can contribute towards a Graduate Certificate of Professional Practice.
What should you bring to this credential?
Learning materials will be provided to you through the teaching of this credential and via Canvas, our learning management system. You must bring your own laptop to class.
Where will my learning experience be held?
All courses are delivered face to face and in an online virtual classroom. The face to face sessions will run twice per week over four weeks. They commence Tuesday 3 August 2021, in the Gallery Room starting 5:30pm to 9pm.